Why be a postgraduate at IMB?
IMB has assembled outstanding research capabilities and is one of Australia's leading bioscience research institutes. Internationally acclaimed IMB Lab Heads drive cutting edge science, addressing and answering important problems, and discovering new knowledge as well as valuable molecular products that advance modern medicine, animal health, agriculture and environmentally sustainable practices.
IMB postgraduate students benefit from;
- Supervision by internationally acclaimed researchers (IMB Lab Heads and their research teams).
- Hands on access to world-class scientific infrastructure.
- Superb office and laboratory facilities.
- A dedicated personal computer equipped and maintained with state-of-the-art software.
- Online access to all the leading scientific journals and databases.
- A dedicated IMB Postgraduate Award fund, to provide stipends for selected domestic and international applicants.
- A dedicated IMB Travel Award fund, to support participation in scientific conferences, and research training placements.
- A dedicated IMB Writing Up Award fund, to support students submit their thesis in a timely fashion.
- A multidisciplinary research environment that encourages collaboration and networking, to drive imaginative and innovative science.
- A program of scientific seminars featuring internationally acclaimed scientists and cutting edge science.
- A program of specialist training (IMB Advantage) in the commercialization and communication (writing, speaking, reporting) of science.
- A vibrant IMB student body, Students of IMB Association (SIMBA).
- A unique IMB Science Ambassadors program.
- A tertiary qualification from UQ, one of Australia's leading research intensive university.
Key Statistics from the IMB Annual Report (2015);
- 498 Research Staff
- 32 Research Groups
- 128 PhD students with (50% international, 50% female)
- 337 scientific publications
- 32 patents
- AUD$42M in grants
For more details see;