Students of the Institute for Molecular Bioscience Association (SIMBA)
SIMBA aims to make the IMB postgraduate student experience the best it can be, both socially and professionally.
Professional events include:
- Thesis writing workshops.
- Seminars on research fellowships.
- Rooftop breakfast discussions.
Social events include:
- IMBar (Friday from 5 pm - 7 pm)
- lunch and dinner barbeques
- movie/game nights
- ten pin and lawn bowling.
- A voice for raising student issues with IMB executive.
- A periodic electronic newsletter, SIMBAlize, to keep its members informed of coming events and relevant issues.
The SIMBA committee consists of six IMB postgraduate students. All IMB postgraduate students are encouraged to join SIMBA and put their name forward for election to the committee at an Annual General Meeting. Join the SIMBA Facebook group, look for our posters in the lifts, or be on the lookout for our e-mails to get the latest information on what’s happening.