IMB RHD Committee
The Institute for Molecular Bioscience Research Higher Degrees (RHD) Committee serves as an advisory committee to the IMB Postgraduate Coordinator.
The IMB RHD Committee has responsibility for:
- Reviewing applications and awarding IMB Postgraduate Awards;
- Reviewing and providing advice on IMB RHD policy and practice;
- Reviewing and providing advice on UQ RHD policy and practice.
The IMB RHD Committee membership consists of:
- IMB Postgraduate Coordinator (Chair)
- IMB Postgraduate Engagement Officer (Secretary)
- IMB Postgraduate Administrative Officer
- IMB Division Representatives, plus alternates
- IMB Students of the Institute for Molecular Bioscience Association (SIMBA) Representative
- IMB ECR Representative
Current (2014) IMB representatives (and alternates) are:
- David Fairlie (Rob Capon) - Chemistry and Structural Biology (CASB)
- George Muscat (Rohan Teasdale) - Cell Biology and Molecular MEdicine (CBMM)
- Cas Simons (Joseph Powell) - Genomics of Development and Disease (GDD)
- Bronwyn Smithies - IMB SIMBA
- Rebecca Coll - IMB ECR
IMB Division representatives inform Laboratory Heads (within their Division) of postgraduate policy, administration and practice, leading discussions, seeking opinions, and reporting back to the IMB RHD Committee.