Pebbles Junior (Please note that Pebbles Junior is under development and will be launched in mid 2014)
Is a web interface to the IMB Postgraduate Office Database (Pebbles Office), specifically designed to support IMB postgraduate candidates.
Access to Pebbles Junior is restricted to current IMB postgraduate candidates.
To access Pebbles Junior:
- From within IMB use a valid IMB LDAP username/password to login via https://pebbles.imb.uq.edu.au/fmi/webd
- To optimize performance please use Chrome, Safari or Internet Explorer (in order of preference) - the current version of FireFox is problematic.
- From external to IMB (including elsewhere at UQ), please first use VPN to login to IMB.
IMB postgraduate candidates can use Pebbles Junior to manage their profile. More specifically they can:
- View Advisory Team Membership.
- View Milestone progress and assessments.
- View RTS (Research Training Scheme) status.
- View Chair of Examiners and Examiners (where nominated).
- View/Change e-mail address (as used by Pebbles Junior).
- View/Change Thesis Title and Fields of Research (FOR).
- View/Change Candidature Committee Membership.
- View/Change IMB Advantage Achievement Status.
- View/Change UQ Enrolment, Scholarship and Visa Status.
- View/Apply for Leave.
- View/Apply for IMB PG Travel Award.
- View/Apply for IMB Writing Up Award.
Pebbles Junior (Pebbles Senior) will automatically;
- E-mail the Principal Advisor to request approval for all Leave requests. (E-mail the Candidate to confirm if Leave has been approved/not approved.)
- E-mail the Principal Advisor to support a nomination to the IMB PG Office for an IMB Travel and/or Writing-Up Award. (E-mail the Candidate to confirm if the nomination request has been approved/not approved. If approved - E-mail a nomination for an IMB Travel and/or Writing-Up Award to the IMB PG Office.)
- Monitor time critical fields of UQ Enrolment, Scholarship and Visa Status, and update the traffic light alert display in Pebbles Junior. (Update and display the traffic light alert in Pebbles Senior.)
IMB postgraduate candidates are encouraged to be vigilant about the accuracy of all data in Pebbles Junior, and should report any errors or omissions to the IMB Postgraduate Office. Notwithstanding any assistance provided by the IMB PG Office, responsibility for updating IMB Advantage Achievement, Enrolment, Scholarship and Visa Status, as well as applications for Leave and IMB Travel and Writing-Up Awards, rests entirely with the candidate. Please be aware that for traffic light alerts to function properly, candidates must keep relevant information up-to-date.
Please note that the adminstration of IMB postgraduate candidates is dependent on the efficient use of Pebbles Junior, and all candidates are expected to be proficient in its use.
For more detailed instructions please read the Pebbles Junior Users Manual (currently a work-in-progress).
If after reading the manual you have specific queries please contact the IMB PG Coordinator.