Pebbles Senior (To optimize performance please use Chrome, Safari or Internet Explorer (in order of preference) - the current version of FireFox is problematic)
Is a web interface to the IMB Postgraduate Office Database (Pebbles Office), specifically designed to support IMB postgraduate advisory staff.
Access to Pebbles Senior is restricted to current IMB Lab Heads as well as postdoctoral and professional staff who have been assigned IMB postgraduate advisory responsibilities.
To access Pebbles Senior:
- From within IMB use a valid IMB LDAP username/password to login via https://pebbles.imb.uq.edu.au/fmi/webd
- From external to IMB (including elsewhere at UQ), please first use VPN to login to IMB.
IMB staff can use Pebbles Senior to manage their IMB postgraduate advisory profile. More specifically they can:
- View Postgraduate Advisory Load.
- View/Change e-mail address (as used by Pebbles Senior).
- View/Change current advisory status.
IMB staff can use Pebbles Senior to manage individual IMB postgraduate candidate profiles. More specifically they can:
- View RTS (Research Training Scheme) status.
- View UQ Enrolment, Scholarship and Visa status.
- View IMB Advantage Achievement status.
- View/Change Thesis Title and Fields of Research (FOR).
- View/Change Candidature Committee Membership.
- View/Change Milestone Progress and Assessment.
- View/Change Submission and Completion Status.
- View/Nominate new applicants.
- View/Nominate Chair of Examiners and Examiners.
- View/Approve Leave Requests.
- View/Approve/Nominate IMB PG Writing-Up and Travel Award requests.
Please note that the adminstration of IMB postgraduate candidates is dependent on the efficient use of Pebbles Senior, and all IMB staff with advisory responsibilities are expected to be proficient in its use.
For more detailed instructions please read the Pebbles Senior Users Manual (currently a work-in-progress).
If after reading the manual you have specific queries please contact the IMB PG Coordinator.