UQ Undergraduate Winter Research Program
IMB supports the UQ Winter Research Program, which provides an opportunity for students to gain research experience working alongside some of the university’s leading academics and researchers. Participation will extend your knowledge of an area of interest and develop your analytical, critical thinking, and communication skills.
IMB Undergraduate Research Projects are available in selected IMB Research Groups for between 4-6 weeks over the winter vacation period (from 25 June - 20 July).
UQ Winter Reseach program is only open to students who are currently enrolled at UQ and they receive a scholarship associated with the placement.
For the UQ program, participation is open to undergraduate students who have completed at least one year of study, as well as Honours and Masters by coursework students. However IMB also offers a Winter Research program for non-enrolled UQ students.
IMB regularly hosts UQ undergraduate students. See Testimonials.
For further details see the UQ Student Employability Centre website.
Applications will open 5 March 2018 and close 3 April 2018. You can view available projects here.
How do I apply?
A likely application sequence, from first contact to acceptance, is outlined as follows (this sequence may vary from person to person).
- You review IMB Lab Heads and the IMB Research Training Brochure.
- You contact an IMB Lab Head, to convince them to support your application.
- The IMB Lab Head reviews your request, possibly requesting further details via an IMB EOI, and/or a face-to-face meeting.
- The IMB Lab Head declines to support your application (the application process ends here), OR
- The IMB Lab Head agrees to support your application.
- You and the IMB Lab Head agree on a suitable research project.
- The IMB Lab Head forwards your details to the IMB PG Office (via an online nomination through Pebbles Senior).
- The IMB PG Office contacts you, to complete all necessary paperwork.